2 bedroom apartment | Sappers - Grace Lisboa, São Vicente
- 59 m2
Apartment T2 Sapadores Refurbished, Building with a fraction per floor, 2 elevators, hall, corridor, living room, kitchen, bathroom, two bedrooms both with balcony.
Located near Santa Apolónia, the Calçada dos Barbadinhos owes its name to the Italian friars who settled there in the 18th century - members of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchins, a Franciscan order, are known as Barbadinhos.
On October 3, 1880, a steam lift station was inaugurated at the convent's fence, destined to pump water from the Alviela aqueduct into the city.
A true jewel of industrial archeology, today it houses a nucleus of the Water Museum.
«CALÇADA DOS BARBADINHOS» belongs to the parish of «SANTA ENGRÁCIA».
It starts at «RUA DE SANTA APOLÓNIA» and ends at «RUA DOS SAPADORES» (former Cruz dos Quatro Caminhos).
The following streets converge with this artery: "RUA AFONSO DOMINGUES", "RUA BARTOLOMEU DA COSTA", "RUA MACHADO DE CASTRO", "RUA CAPITÃO HUMBERTO ATAÍDE", "RUA DO MATO GROSSO", "RUA DO BARÃO DO MONTE PEDRAL" »,« RUA FERNÃO DE MAGALHÃES »and« RUA DO ALVIELA ».
It is not known for sure the date of the assignment of this toponym, - however, in 1744 it was already referred to as "RUA NOVA DOS BARBADINHOS" today on Calçada (1) - but we can assure you that it is entirely linked to the Italian religious friars BARBADINHOS », which came to be installed in this area in the 18th century.
The «CALÇADA DOS BARBADINHOS», with a little more than 268 years of existence, is a very extensive artery, still with some modest houses in the oldest section, denoting its nineteenth century aspect.
In 1738 the King «D. JOÃO V »gave a large plot of land on this site where the« BARBADINHOS ITALIANOS »friars built their religious house, although this congregation only came to be regulated in 1752, and it was these generous friars who gave the name to the CALÇADA.
It was the friars' initiative to open this artery. The question of access to the new house in the South, was practically resolved by the provision of a plot of land by the neighboring nuns of the «CONVENTO DE SANTA APOLÓNIA». Thus, in this way, they were able to open the path that allowed them to serve their religious home.
The «BARBADINHOS» convent complex is located between the old properties of the «VAN ZELLER» formerly belonging to the «PANCAS / PALHA» house, and on the other side of the sidewalk, the current of small houses that were part of the large property of «VASCO LOURENÇO VELOSO », later occupied by the« FÁBRICA DA COMPANHIA LISBONENSE DE TABACOS »and, more recently, the facilities of the« GNR COMANDO-GENERAL ».
To the south of this «CALÇADA» was installed the «MOSTEIRO DE SANTA APOLÓNIA» and its Church, an invocation already referenced in the last quarter of the 15th century, although it is a hermitage, which constitutes a toponymic reference of this area, making riverside margin with the Tagus.
The northern part of the «CALÇADA DOS BARBADINHOS» is connected to the «RUA DOS SAPADORES», which was formerly well known for the «FOUR PATHWAYS».
- Reference: NL2460
- Price: 280.000 €
- Living area: 59 m2
- Área bruta: 76 m2
- Rooms: 2
- Baths: 1
- Construction year: 1984
- Energy certificate: D
- Condominium Monthly: 50 €
- Nuno Leite - Mediação Imobiliária, Lda
- AMI: 13219
- [email protected]
- Rua Professor Mário Chicó, 2A, 1600-645 LISBOA
- 936 992 287
- 139 m2
2 bedroom apartment ready to move in, on Calçada Poço dos Mouros, with terrace.Penha de França, Lisboa
- 70 m2
- 119 m2
- 95 m2
- 135 m2
- 63 m2